First off, thanks for checking out the VIII Limbs Academy! We have two ways you can get started with us:
1. Stop in to observe a class – FREE
This is pretty simple. The observation is a time for you to meet some of the coaches, students, watch a class and get a feel for what we do at VIII Limbs. You won’t be working out and you won’t be pressured into signing up for anything. If you like what you see – you can get information about our two week Quick Start Program while you are in the gym. You don’t need to schedule it...just show up!
2. Two Week Quick Start – $65
This is a pre-paid, two week program (kids & adults) that gets you on the mat and learning Muay Thai, Women’s Kickboxing or Strength & Conditioning (Combat HIIT & Kettlebells).
During the Quick Start, you’ll be participating in group classes and getting personal attention with one of our instructors. The Quick Start comes with a free VIII Limbs t-shirt and a free pair of gloves (no gloves for Strength & Conditioning). The normal cost of the training, gloves and shirt is around $150 but the Quick Start hooks you up at $65.
During this 2 week period, you are encouraged to train as much as possible! (Note: for Muay Thai Quick Starts, you will be attending classes on M,W,F at 7pm & Saturday’s at 11am!)
Once you purchase the quick start, one of our staff members will schedule you for your first intro lesson. We run on a 2 week cycle so you may have to wait for an introduction lesson. Note: you must choose one program for your trial! And regardless of your skill level (experienced or not) EVERYONE does a Quick Start Trial.
We hold introductions for:
- Adult Muay Thai on Sundays at 11am (every two weeks)
- Women’s Kickboxing intros are done on Sundays at 10am (every 2 weeks)
- Kid’s Muay Thai introductions are done on Tues & Thurs at 5:15pm. (every week)
- Kettlebell introductions are done on Sundays at 9am (every 2 weeks)
- COMBAT HIIT no introduction necessary Purchase Quick Start
Please note : Muay Thai is a very different martial art than Boxing, TKD, Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, Krav Maga, Akido, Kempo, Ameri-do-te and UFC. Before asking for an evaluation – please ask yourself… “Have I ever studied Muay Thai with a Muay Thai instructor?”
If you have never participated in a group muay thai class, you will need the following:
- A pair of gym shorts that stop above your knees or leggings. Nothing too baggy please.
- A t-shirt you don’t mind getting sweaty.
- A bottle of water.
- An open mind.
- A positive attitude.
- You don’t need shoes, we train bare foot.
Honestly, that’s it. We will provide you with gloves and most of your other gear. We are pumped to get you started!